SQecial Media, the pandemic, and you
We are reopening to in-store traffic! (We will continue online sales and curbside pickup.)
At least temporarily, we will be operating by appointment only so we can ensure that the number of customers in the store at one time is under the maximum occupancy. Because we're on the second floor of our building, it's difficult for customers to assess how many people are in the store before they come in, and this way it's easier to ensure safe social distancing for everybody.
We can't wait to see everyone again, but we want to make sure the experience of shopping at SQecial Media is as safe as it is fun. Some of us are at-risk for coronavirus or live with people who are, and we know that's true of many of our customers as well. We're taking reopening very seriously.
- All customers are required to wear a face mask or other covering over their nose and mouth at all times while they are in the building. (Employees will be wearing masks, checking their temperature daily, sanitizing hands frequently, and gloves will be worn when handling merchandise for purchase.)
- Although our store is full of interesting items and products such as candles and incense to smell, we ask that customers try not to handle items extensively if they do not plan to purchase them. If you decide against purchasing an item you've been handling, please let us know so we can make sure it's sanitized or quarantined before it goes back on the shelf.
- We will be sanitizing frequently-touched surfaces such as cases, railings, and credit card machines after every customer and in-between each block of appointments.
- A sanitation station will be available by the door and we request that customers use hand sanitizer upon entry. We will also ask you to sanitize your hands before trying on rings at the jewelry case. (All jewelry that is removed from the case for customers to see will be sanitized before being put back on display.)
- All aisles in our store have been widened and are marked with directional arrows to help people keep six feet of social distance. We have also installed acrylic shields at the register and display cases.
- We encourage customers to shop on your own if possible, but we know part of the SQecial Media experience is sharing it with others, so we are currently allowing as well.
We will be operating with limited staff to help ensure more people can shop at a time. For this reason, we'll be open for shorter hours than usual. These are also our new hours for curbside pickup!
MAKING AN APPOINTMENT
Appointments will run every hour on the hour and last for 45 minutes. You don't have to take the whole 45 minutes if you don't need it, but we wanted to offer enough time to browse! If scheduling a same-day appointment or walk-in, please call us at 859-255-4316 and we can put you on the list. Otherwise, you can make your appointment on our online scheduling system at sqecialmedia.squarespace.com. It is possible you will be in the store at the same time as other customers, but appointments will help us keep track of our occupancy and ensure everyone has plenty of room. Please help us out by keeping at least six feet of social distance from other customers and store employees.
Once you've arrived for your appointment, please wait outside the building and call the store so we can open the door for you. If others are also waiting for that appointment time, we'll have six-foot distances marked on the patio where you can stand or sit until you're ready to come upstairs. We don't require that you show up exactly on time, but if you haven't arrived by fifteen minutes after your designated appointment, we will assume you're a no-show and make your spot available to another customer if one is waiting. If you know your appointment time isn't going to work out for you, please let us know and we can reschedule you for a better time.
Walk-ins are also welcome if space allows, but we will ask you to call while you're outside the building or on your way. If we're already at capacity, we'll let you know when the next open spot is available (and can also take your name and number in case there's a no-show).
We hope to gradually open the store as usual, but for now, taking appointments helps us easily keep track of numbers and make sure everyone has enough room to shop comfortably. Thank you so much for your patience as we navigate this new landscape!