SQecial Media, the pandemic, and you
We are open to in-store traffic! (We will continue online sales and curbside pickup for customers who prefer those methods of shopping.)
For the time being, we will be operating by appointment only so we can ensure that the number of customers in the store at one time is under the maximum occupancy. Because we're on the second floor of our building, it's difficult for customers to assess how many people are in the store before they come in, and this way it's easier to ensure safe social distancing for everybody.
We can't wait to see everyone again, but we want to make sure the experience of shopping at SQecial Media is as safe as it is fun. Some of us are at-risk for coronavirus or live with people who are, and we know that's true of many of our customers as well. We're taking the health of our community very seriously.
- All customers are required to wear a face mask over their nose and mouth at all times while they are in the building. (Employees will be wearing masks, checking their temperature daily, sanitizing hands frequently, and gloves will be worn when handling merchandise for purchase.)
- We will be sanitizing frequently-touched surfaces such as cases, railings, and credit card machines several times throughout the day.
- A sanitation station will be available by the door and we request that customers use hand sanitizer upon entry. We will also ask you to sanitize your hands before trying on rings at the jewelry case. (Additionally, all jewelry will be sanitized before being put back out on display.)
- All aisles in our store have been widened and are marked with directional arrows to help people keep six feet of social distance. We have also installed acrylic shields at the register and display cases.
- We encourage customers to shop on your own if possible, but we know part of the SQecial Media experience is sharing it with others, so we are currently allowing groups as well. If shopping as part of a group, you do not have to social distance from each other but you MUST be conscientious of other customers in the store and ensure that you keep six feet apart from them.
- Please be respectful of your time at cases and counters so other customers also have a chance to browse, and keep handling of merchandise to a minimum unless planning to purchase. We know it's very difficult not to touch things in our store while browsing, but we ask that you browse with purpose -- and please don't pull down your mask to smell items like incense and candles.
We will be operating with limited staff to keep numbers of people low and allow more people to shop at a time. For this reason, we'll be open for shorter hours than usual. These are also our new hours for curbside pickup!
These hours are subject to change, but any updates will be posted here and on our social media accounts.
MAKING AN APPOINTMENT
Visit our page on How to Make an Appointment for all the details! You can schedule an appointment in advance at sqecialmedia.squarespace.com, but if you need to make a same-day appointment, please give us a call during store hours at (859) 255-4316.